Why You Should Consider Non-Surgical Shoulder Treatment in Charlotte and Fort Mill
Shoulder pain is a common condition among individuals of all ages. Conventionally, shoulder conditions have usually been treated with approaches that include medication management and sometimes surgery. However, the vast majority of shoulder conditions can be treated using non-surgical procedures that include regenerative medicine and physical therapy.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life of our patients at Advanced Sports & Spine, our Charlotte physiatrist, Dr. Usman Ahmad, shares the main reasons you should consider non-surgical shoulder pain treatment in Charlotte, NC, and Fort Mill, SC.
Now, let’s dive in.
What Is Non-Surgical Shoulder Treatment?
Non-surgical shoulder pain treatment includes alternative approaches to treating shoulder pain. Some of these alternative methods include regenerative medicine such as stem cell therapy and PRP therapy. Alternatives may also include corticosteroid injections for rotator cuff injuries and other shoulder conditions. Physical therapy techniques such as rotator cuff rehabilitation exercises are other non-surgical shoulder treatment methods.
From our experience in offering non-surgical treatments for shoulder pain in Charlotte and Fort Mill, Regenerative medicine is a fast and effective non-surgical treatment for rotator cuff injuries and other shoulder conditions.
Benefits of Regenerative Medicine for Treating Shoulder Pain
Surgery is not always the answer for every shoulder condition. It is also not the answer for every patient case.
Benefits of regenerative medicine for shoulder pain treatment include:
- Cost: Non-surgical treatments for shoulder pain are generally less expensive than surgical interventions. Depending on the procedure, typical shoulder surgeries can cost anywhere from $7000 to $16,000 or more. This figure also doesn’t consider the payments associated with lengthy recovery periods.
- Non-invasive pain management treatments can be highly cost-effective for patients with shoulder pains. Feel free to speak with us to discuss our non-surgical pain management services in Charlotte and Fort Mill.
- Risk: Non-surgical pain management for shoulder pain generally comes with less health risks On the other hand, surgical interventions for shoulder pain can pose threats to your health. Very long recovery times, nerve injury, paralysis, and infection at the surgery site are some of the risks associated with surgical treatments.
- Our non-invasive shoulder pain treatments in Charlotte and Fort Mill, on the other hand, do not come with these health risks. Our treatments usually begin with an initial assessment of your condition, after which we recommend the best non-surgical treatments that suit your condition.
- Recovery Time: Surgical interventions often force patients to go through lengthy recovery periods. Patients often endure recovery periods that can last for weeks or months. Typically, non-surgical treatments such as regenerative medicine, do not require lengthy recovery periods. Most patients are back to normal activity within a few days.
Is Non-Surgical Treatment Also Effective for Rotator Cuff Injuries and Frozen Shoulders?
Rotator cuff injuries and frozen shoulders are common shoulder conditions, and until recently, patients had to depend on highly invasive surgeries to manage these conditions. Fortunately, non-surgical treatments for rotator cuff injuries that involve PRP therapy and stem cell therapy can promote tissue repair and regeneration and are highly effective.
In addition, non-surgical treatments involving PRP and stem cell therapy have been shown to speed up your recovery from frozen shoulder syndrome and may even prevent the need for costly and painful surgical procedures.
Non-Surgical Shoulder Treatments in Charlotte and Fort Mill
At Advanced Sports & Spine, our non-surgical treatments for shoulder pain include regenerative medicine and PRP therapy, corticosteroid injections, joint injections, and more. Feel free to schedule an appointment for non-surgical shoulder pain treatments in Charlotte, NC and Fort Mill, SC today.
Disclaimer: The benefits of regenerative medicine have not been reviewed or approved by the FDA.